Compositions and methods relating to aromatic imine compounds and methods of their use are described. The compounds are formed from aromatic aldehydes and amino or amino derivatives. The compounds and their derivatives are useful, for example, as hydrogen sulfide and mercaptan scavengers for use in both water and petroleum products.
ФОРМУЛА ИЗОБРЕТЕНИЯ (CLAIMS)
What is claimed is:
1. A method for removing sulfide from a sulfide-containing fluid comprising the step of contacting the fluid with an aromatic imine composition produced by reacting benzaldehyde and monoethanolamine with at least 10% added water by weight of the reaction solution, resulting in a composition having a substantially reduced amount of acetal relative to an aromatic imine composition formed by reacting benzaldehyde and monoethanolamine under similar conditions, but in the absence of added water, thereby removing sulfide from the fluid via reaction with the aromatic imine composition.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the fluid is waste water in a water-treatment plant.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the fluid is waste water in a sewage plant.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the fluid is natural gas.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the fluid is a liquid petroleum product.