A method and components for heating and hydrating foods and beverages using an exothermic and pressure generating chemical reaction are described. The exothermic reaction can be initiated by water, spark, electrical impulse, squib, friction, or shock to heat non-potable water and force the water through a membrane filter, thereby producing heated, potable water.
ФОРМУЛА ИЗОБРЕТЕНИЯ (CLAIMS)
What is claimed is:
1. An apparatus for treating water, comprising (a) an inner bladder; (b) a membrane-containing pouch enclosing the inner bladder; (c) an outlet to discharge the treated water from the membrane-containing pouch; (d) a chemical formulation in the inner bladder to react exothermically with water and generate pressure; (e) at least one fill opening for the inner bladder; (f) at least one fill opening for the membrane pouch.
2. The apparatus of claim 1, wherein the membrane pouch is a membrane filtration material.
3. The apparatus of claim 2 wherein a mesh comprised of a material selected from the group consisting of plastic, metal, or composite is arranged to support the membrane pouch.
4. The apparatus of claim 1, wherein the chemical composition comprises: (a) magnesium (b) an Fe catalyst (c) a reaction modifier.
5. The apparatus of claim 4, wherein the reaction modifier is selected from the group consisting of NaCl, Fe(NO3
, and AlCl3
6. The apparatus of claim 1, wherein the membrane pouch contains a biocide formulation.
7. The apparatus of claim 1, wherein the outer pouch contains a biocide formulation.
8. An apparatus for treating water, comprising: (a) a bladder dividing a first compartment having a first port and a second compartment having a second port into which water can be supplied; (b) a chemical formulation selected to react exothermically with water and being preloaded in the first compartment or added through the first port before or after adding water through the first port; (c) a food or beverage container; and (d) a membrane operatively arranged between the second compartment and the food or beverage container so as to supply the treated water in the second compartment to the food or beverage container.